Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rainy Day Cookies

We woke up to a rainy morning today and didn't plan to get out of the house anytime quick, so I decided to make a batch of cookies. I looked through Elinor Klivans' "Big Fat Cookies" and decided I had all of the ingredients to make the Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodles. I even just ordered more cream of tartar from Penzey's, so I was in good shape to get started with these giant cookies.
It was a simple recipe to whip up, and the dough was really easy to work with—not too sticky or messy. Oliver and I just tried them. They're crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. A perfect cookie.
Over the past two years I have made other cookies from this cookbook. I especially enjoy the Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and the Big City Black-and-Whites, which really are comparable to what you can get in NYC!—CS

No comments:

Post a Comment