First, I grabbed Mark Bittman's handy "How to Cook Everything" when making a steak dinner mid-August for steakhouse mushrooms. We had everything on hand to do Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic, which went great with the meal. I do use this cookbook often, but not for the recipes. The backpage is my go-to source when I need to remind myself of meat doneness temperatures.
The other cookbook we used toward the end of August was "Creme Brulee: The Bonjour Way" by Randolph W. Mann. Normally you wouldn't think creme brulee for a summer dessert, but I thought the S'more Creme Brulee would be a perfect ending to an evening BBQ. And I was right. It was a hit. I loved the chocolate melted on the graham crackers in the oven as well as torching the marshmallow creme on top.
So, our goal this weekend is to use four cookbooks to try to get back in this cookbook game. Another option to get back in the game is to consider putting some of the more obscure cookbooks into the community garage sale at the beginning of October! —CS
No comments:
Post a Comment