Thursday, January 1, 2009

Muffins, muffins, and more muffins

I needed to get off to a good start in the cookbook challenge so I started to think about what to make for New Year's Day. We had leftovers, so dinner wasn't an option. I looked around the kitchen and saw ripe bananas. Normally I would just make my tried-and-true banana-chocolate chip bread, but I decided to try something different and probably more healthy. 
I opted for the Banana-Walnut Muffins from the Williams-Sonoma "Muffins" cookbook. I really like this cookbook. I had to buy it after browsing it at my sister-in-law's house a couple of years ago. I don't use it that often, but I have made the Blueberry Muffins and the Blackberry Muffins several times. 
The Banana-Walnut Muffins turned out great—a nice toasted walnut taste with chunks of banana. The recipe was easy and quick, and I had most ingredients on hand. Matt just had to pick up some walnuts and buttermilk when he stopped at the store.
I'm not going to wait another year before using this "keeper." I have my eyes on the Cinnamon-Buttermilk Muffins, and I can't wait until spring to make the Strawberry-Rhubarb Breakfast Cake. —CS

1 comment:

  1. The members of SCHOA (Sour Cream Haters of America) thank you for using buttermilk in your quest to create the perfect muffin. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete