Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another good use for ripe bananas


I had another pesky ripe banana left that no one was going to eat over the weekend. Maybe I should learn not to buy so many bananas for the week. But I didn't want it to go to waste, and I had remembered recently seeing a cookie recipe in Martha Stewart's "Cookies" cookbook that called for one really ripe banana. The Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies were tasty. It was an above-and-beyond twist on regular chocolate chip cookies. The banana, toasted walnuts, and oats really added a nice dimension, and they didn't go flat as they baked as some of my chocolate chip recipes do. 
They got rave reviews so I'll definitely be making these again. My 22-month-old son wanted "more." And our friend Laurel said it was delicious: "Like breakfast and dessert all in one cookie." --CS

1 comment:

  1. Can I get this recipe? I have a bunch of ripe bananas in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete